Did I mention that it was a LAZY weekend? I wanted them to have something fun to do but I wasn't in the mood to drive to the store. So....I found some fun and super easy ways to make our own playdough! I was so surprised at how easy it was to make (only about 8 minutes start to finish)! It was a fantastic way to teach the kiddies that almost anything we can buy....we a can make!
All you need are a few simple ingredients:
- 2 cups flour - my playdough wasn't as bright since I used wheat flour - hey...its what I had here!
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup salt
- Food coloring
It doesn't get much easier than this!
- Add warm water, salt, vegetable oil, cream of tartar and food coloring
- Slowly stir in the flour until it forms a ball (you can still add more coloring!
- Turn the ball out of the bowl and knead for a few minutes
- DONE! Now its play time
This kept the kids playing for hours! It was so nice to hear them laughing and giggling together NOT at a computer screen!
If you would like to make an organic version....you can simply swap out the food coloring for some natural colors!
- For red, use 1.5 cups of water and .5 cups of beet juice in the recipe!
- For brown, use cocoa powder
- Green, try celery juice
Looking for more fun projects?
Check out how to make HOMEMADE GIFT BOXES out of cereal boxes and crayons!
Also check out one of my amazing sponsors
She blogs all about life in Costa Rica and all-natural parenting!