As we all know, we can print online coupons...but all of the grocery stores seem to have tightened up their coupon restrictions and now they only double up to $1.00, will only take 6 per manufacturer, and even have a quantity cap on the item - NOT what you see on extreme couponing, right!?
So, I had to do a little digging but found a few ways to get some extra bang for my buck. Now not only can I use the coupons BUT I also get cash deposited into an account just by using some of the apps that I downloaded to my smartphone. Each week, I am able to rack up extra money and it gets deposited directly into my paypal account (or bank account).
First, OF COURSE USE COUPONS! These are so quick and easy to download! You can download some here - HERE
Second, make sure you check the store's website. Many people don't know that the stores also will allow you to digitally load coupons so guests can save - even on store brands!
There are some things to know:
1) Digital Coupons (Kroger, walmart & Meijer) can NOT be combined with paper coupons so be careful before loading your shopping card with coupons provided by the store.
2) Digital coupons DO NOT DOUBLE but paper coupons (up to 50 cents DO).
3) Some stores will now only take up to 6 per manufacturer or brand.
4) YOU CAN USE BOTH COUPONS & THE APPS BELOW! You can even cash out on the same product from more than 1 app!
ALL THAT BEING SAID - NOW TO THE GOOD PART -here are a few ways to get CASH BACK - not a discount but CASH!!!!
1) sign up for savingstar HERE
2) Add your shopper card to the account.
3) Select the coupons that you may use at the grocery and these will automatically "redeem" at the register.
4) The face value of these coupons will not come off your grocery bill BUT they Savingstar will deposit the face value into your savingstar account which you can roll over to your bank or paypal account when you hit $10. Easily done!
Ibotta works practically the same way. You need to go to Ibotta HERE and sign up.
Here's how it works....
1. Sign up for ibotta then download the app to your smart phone.
2. From there you can scroll through different items that you may select and earn from the purchase of. There are usually three different money earning tasks under each item...you can watch the commercial for 25 cents, take a 1 answer quiz for 50 cents, etc. These also typically match up with the printable coupons and sales out that week so it's extra good!
3. After you purchase the item...Go to your Ibotta app and select the store you purchased the items from and upload a copy of the receipt. You will also need to scan the item for verification with your phone. You will then receive the amount you "earned" through the tasks deposited in your Ibotta account.
You can earn money from them for referring friends and there are always savings for great things like milk, bread, diapers, beer, wine, etc!
This is a NEW ONE FOR ME but check out Receipt Hogg! HERE
1) use the link above to sign up for receipt hog!
2) from there you will simply take a quick snapshot of your grocery store receipt each week for tokens that translate to CASH!
3) the app is pretty fun. You can earn bonus spins and prizes too.
4) It's not a whole lot of money per upload BUT all you are doing is snapping a photo so it can pay off.
1) Sign Up for Ebates HERE
2) You get cash back for all of your online shopping at over 50 stores like Kmart, Walmart, Diapers.com, Victoria Secret, and tons more!
3) Refer a friend! Sometimes, you get $25 for your first referred friend who spends $50 shopping online!
4) Don't worry, if you want the item RIGHT NOW..you can order site to store at many places so you can earn your cash back AND get it the same day!
Click HERE to get the app. They reward you for making purchases on organic, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, etc. It's a great app to add if you are looking to eat healthier because you will see products that you may never have heard of before!
Finally take a look at CHECKOUT 51!
Click here for the link! They may not have as many options BUT there are deals on this app that you may not find anywhere else!
It's as easy as that! Download some apps and start shopping & earning! Let me know if you have any luck with earning or if you have additional ways to rack up the cash!